If you just recently invested in a pool, you’re likely excited to buy accessories such as floats, toys, a slide, or even a basketball hoop. However, you should also take into account proper pool supplies to care for your pool. To help guide you, here are the top pool products to consider for maintaining your pool.
- Cover – One of the most beneficial products you can buy for your pool is a pool cover. Pool covers greatly reduce the debris that gets in your pool.
- Chemical Test Kit & Strips – It’s important to go ahead and buy a chemical test kit and strips. A test kit is an easy way to ensure that your pool’s chemicals are balanced and safe for swimming. This is a task that should be done regularly.
- Tools – The following are basic tools to help you maintain your pool.
◦ Vacuum – Helps to clean debris that is lingering at the bottom of your pool.
◦ Algae Brush – If your pool ever has algae, this brush with stainless steel bristles will help clean the algae off.
◦ Skimmer & Pole – An extending pole will allow you to use a variety of attachments and reach a wide range of your pool from one spot. Additionally, a skimmer allows you to easily gather debris that is lingering on your pool’s surface.
◦ Pool Shock – Pools can easily get dirty from germs, skin cells, and oil. A pool shock sanitizes and kills any bacteria that would otherwise be lingering in your pool water.
- Cleaning Products – Cleaning your pool properly is a big part of maintaining your pool. Consider the following cleaning pool products:
◦ Filter Cleaner – Filter cleaner is a great way to help keep dirt and residue out of your filter and promote a functioning filter.
◦ Multi-Purpose Cleaner – Use a multi-purpose cleaner to clean your pool’s surface that is prone to bacteria due to oils and sunlight.
We hope these products will help you maintain your pool and keep it in tip-top shape. If you have any questions regarding pool products, and the services we provide, contact us today at S & H Pools for more information.