Congratulations! Your brand-new pool is complete and ready to go! But with every new pool comes maintenance, so what swimming pool supplies do you really need to keep your pool looking shiny and new? Here are the essential swimming pool items we at S & H Pools think you need.
- Water Balancing Chemicals/ Test Kits – When you have a pool, water testing is essential to maintain the safety of your water. When you are testing your pool water for chemical levels, you are typically testing for the balance of pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and chlorine. We at S & H Pools suggest using the test strips once week. To use, simply dip the strip in the water for a few moments, then use the given color scale (provided with the strips) to get a reading.
- Brush – Most pool owners will encounter algae buildup on the walls of their pool. Because this happens, we at S & H Pools suggest you have a brush on hand to scrape the side of your pool to prevent an excess of buildup.
- Vacuum – Once you have brushed away any algae buildup, you may be thinking “now how do I get this gunk out of my pool?” Well, that is when the vacuum comes into play. A vacuum will suck up not only algae but also any dirt and debris.
- Pole – Having a long pole with multiple attachments can make fishing unwanted items out of the pool convenient and easy!
- Pool Opening Kit – This kit typically includes supplies to “shock” your water, clarifiers, stain removers, and other miscellaneous items to ensure the cleanliness of your pool.
This is just a portion of the swimming pool supplies available, but we at S & H Pools believes these are some of the essential items to get you started. If you have any further questions regarding swimming pool supplies, please give us a call!