Hot tubs are relaxing and fun for the entire family. When you own a hot tub, you also get the responsibility of making sure that the water is safe to be in. It is vital that you do your hot tub water testing frequently and accurately. To help you with your hot tub water testing, we will discuss how to test your hot tub water and what to look for while you are testing it.
How To Test Your Hot Tub Water – The first step to hot tub water testing is obtaining a test kit. You can find these at S & H Pools. There are three main ways to test the water in your hot tub.
- Test Strips – This is probably the most common way for hot tub water testing. You dip a test strip into your water and then read the results. This tests for chlorine, alkalinity, and pH levels.
- Test Readers – These are useful but not necessary. They help you accurately read your test strips.
- Lab Tests – You collect a sample of water from your hot tub and deliver it to a company that can test it for you.
- Liquid Test Kits – You take several samples of the water from your hot tub and drop them into containers filled with different chemicals to test for chlorine and pH levels.
What To Look For – In addition to hot tub water testing, you will want to look for these other factors that may indicate that you need to adjust how you are treating your hot tub water.
- Musty smells
- Non-clear water
- Irritated skin after using the hot tub